A service you can trust
Level 3, COSHH (RQF)
Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH, (RQF) is for those working with chemicals and other harmful substances.
This includes industries such as education, manufacturing, health and social care, cleaning, offices, military, industry etc.
Course Duration: Typically half-day
NEXT COURSE CALL 01639 814 999
Understand the law relating to hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to hazardous substances at work.
- Outline the consequences for non compliance with statutory duties.
- List the ways in which an employer can communicate hazardous substances safety information.
- 2. Understand how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Define the terms hazard and risk with respect to hazardous substances.
- List the different forms that hazardous substances can take
- Outline the health and safety effects that may arise following exposure or release of hazardous substances.
- Outline the routes that hazardous substances can enter the body.
- Describe how risk assessments reduce accidents and ill health at work.
- Outline the five step process of risk assessment.
- 3. Understand the precautions and procedures necessary to ensure the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled.
- Outline the control hierarchy in respect of safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- Outline the types of information that should be referred to for the safe identification and use of hazardous substances
- Describe the general procedures that should be in place for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances